Primary School Sports Grant
We spend our Sports premium to encourage high levels of participation to encourage improved fitness, health, well-being and self-esteem.
We spend the money on some of the following:
- To buy back into the Sports Partnership which offers cluster meetings which update staff knowledge and skills, access to an excellent sports competition calendar across a wide range of sports, age ranges and including SEN competitions, a pool of coaches including netball, tennis, cricket, gymnastics and football, and access to a range of sports resources.
- For additional swimming sessions for pupils who require extra support to ensure they reach the expected standard of being able to swim 25 metres by the end of KS2.
- For training to update staff to ensure high standards of teaching.
- To increase the range of sports children are involved in and utilise the facilities of local clubs so that children can develop these skills further out of school should they discover a passion for a particular sport.
- Purchase of PE resources to increase the range of equipment available to ensure that effective differentiation is in place.
- If you would like more information about PE, Sport and our extra-curricular programme, please visit the Sport and Clubs section of the website.